Successful Managers: How to be One of Them
Looking for a potential manager is like looking for a potential project. There must be careful selection and assessment are then done to make sure that the candidate is properly chosen. The manager has to meet the demands and brave himself with the quest that he is about to lead. The As manager, he should possess the talents, the skills and the leadership that will make firm in making and standing for decisions.
Managers must understand the whole process that they are going to take and will not just focus on how to aim for the objectives and handle the resources. A manager must know to connect with the stakeholders, because what matters after is the satisfaction coming from them that will generate more projects to come, simply because they are satisfied with how the manager handled people. Though the idea of an effective manager is relative form one person to another, there these qualities that must be observed in managers:
- The managers must be able to predict or anticipate the risks or the constraints that may take place and create the plans on how to resolve it.
- Managers are known to be organized people who know how to make schedules and religiously following them. They are focused and they know how to prioritize things according to its importance.
- Managers are leaders. They are the kind of people who know how to make people follow them. Leadership is a skill that can be honed through various training programs. The managers have sure ways to make people inter connected and how to reach them. The managers must be able to motivate the stakeholders and help them keep their interest in the project. They have to inspire, negotiate and make amends when needed.
- Managers are good communicators. They use every possible ways on how to connect with people, deliver reports, and get decisions. They usually take advantage of using email and conducting meetings to make it possible.
- Managers are analytical. They get things done on the specified date and nothing can ever stop them from achieving what they want. They are much focus on how to accomplish the work.
- Project managers do not forget to depend on their people. The trust that is endowed on them motivates them to go further. They assess the stakeholders’ concerns and address them.
- The managers know to create impact and articulate the vision to motivate his employees. They are after of getting things done by including his tem in planning and not just doing everything by himself.
- A good manager spreads out his goals and making sure that no one is neglected. He takes care of assessing the performance of people and helping them to improve.
- A manager is a good decision maker and do not let the constraints ruin the entire project. There must a quick response and an immediate act.
- A manager should be also adept in handling technicalities and must have all the knowledge about the whole project. Having a sound knowledge will help the manager understand the nature of the problems and will help implement the methodologies effectively. Best practices in management will empower the manager to do what is required of him.
- Managers ensure good relationships by ethical practices, transparency and honesty. Leaders are passionate and committed on their goals which are reflected through optimism.
- Managers understand the needs and desires of people without judging them. They do not forget that their team members have lives other than work.
- Competent managers have proven background that will serve as a proof that they can do the job as what is expected of them. They have the ability to inspire, lead and influence people.
- Managers have the abilities to delegate tasks by studying the aspects of work against the skills and abilities of those who will be assigned to do it. The manager needs to scrutinize and control the delegation of tasks.
- Another desirable quality that the managers must have is the ability to take control of their emotions even though they are almost at the end of the rope. The ability to take charge of one’s own emotions also reflects the ability to take charge of the negative events. Being composed during stressful situations will be able to think and decide well.
- Managers must know how to unite their people and keep them together. The leader must know the dynamics required for the change if needed.
- Managers have superior problem solving skills.
Managers should cultivate a clear vision about the project and develop and must promote a well-driven atmosphere. The managers have to have a clear picture on where they are going and make sure that all the resources are maximized. They must also be committed to the vision and goals of the company to shape a desirable outcome.